[NCLUG] Music editing software

John Gilmore j.arthur.gilmore at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 15:40:26 MDT 2011

I'm using debian squeeze on a dell latitude d610.

I need to remix some music. I have the music in mp3 format and permissions
to modify it.

I need to cut and paste it so the music lasts longer, repeating the chorus
about 8 or 10 times. Without audible glitches and maintaining the same
rhythm etc.

I'm planing on using mplayers's "scale tempo" filter to change playback
speed during the actual performance to adjust to the skill level of the
dancers.

"mplayer -af scaletempo Old\ Hag\ in\ the\ Kiln.mp3"

Sounds like a fairly straightforward job to me, but it's been years since I
did anything like that, and I don't even remember what software I was using,
just that it was open-source.