[NCLUG] linux laptop

Michael Milligan milli at acmeps.com
Wed Mar 16 23:59:01 MDT 2011

Degutan White wrote:
> I've heard Zareason:  http://zareason.com/shop/Laptops/
> System76 (local to denver)  http://www.system76.com/index.php?cPath=28
> and Lenovo for a linux laptop.
>
> Thanks for all the comments.  I still need to investigate the PGP full disk encryption.  Let me know if any of you have tried that on ubuntu.

Haven't tried that, but Ubuntu can do native full-disk encryption, but a
bit tricky to setup.  Google is your friend.

> Is there a camtasia-like software that anyone on the list is using?

You can use ffmeg from command line, which can do H.264 video and AC3
audio (with appropriate libraries), or for Theora/Ogg output,
gtk-recordmydesktop works without much fuss.

Regards,
Mike