[NCLUG] OS Communication Proxy

Myles Bostwick nclug at zithora.com
Wed Mar 23 16:06:45 MDT 2011

Hi All,

I've got a need to communicate to a lot of people at once, much like
this listserve :), with the caveat the the methods of communication
can vary by person.  For further explanation by example,

User A likes to be notified by txt and email.
User B likes to be notified by facebook and twitter.
User C-Z all have their own individual settings, that can be changed.

These users could all belong to different notification groups, of
which those groups could be targeted with a message.

Before I went off and implemented something like this on my own, I
wanted to check with you all whether you've heard of a piece of OSS
that will do at least part of this functionality beyond just an email
listserve. I imagine one method of doing this is to just have a
listserve and use email boxes to get the extended functionality, but
that feels like using an actual teleprinter instead of a terminal
emulator.

Thanks for taking the time to look,

-Myles