[NCLUG] Code retreat this Saturday.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Dec 4 13:50:55 MST 2012

This Saturday is a Code Retreat in Fort Collins:

   https://www.eventbrite.com/event/4690440233

There are only 8 tickets available at the low, low price of Free, so if you
are interested you should sign up sooner rather than later.  Over half the
tickets are already spoken for.

Note that it starts at 8:30am (the guy behind the global Code Retreat
movement suggests this as a "weed out", "if you aren't serious enough to
get to it at 8:30").  Believe me when I say this is at least as painful
for me as it is for you.  :-)

Code Retreat is about the practice of programming, not so much about the
program itself as the process.  At the last Code Retreat I experimented
with pair programming and unit testing.

Last year I learned that unit testing saves more time than it takes to
build the tests, which changed my view of tests.  I had wanted to do tests
but often felt like I didn't have the time.  I've since learned that I
don't have the time to *NOT* make tests.