[NCLUG] [Poll] VPS and web mangement hosting

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Feb 23 13:03:45 MST 2012

On 02/23/2012 12:18 PM, Kasey Erickson wrote:
> Sorry to interject, but I was wondering if Tummy offers VPS solutions
> that use SAN backend storage instead of just RAID?

We don't.  What is it you are looking for in that?  Because many SANs are
nothing more than "just RAID" in an external enclosure, connected by "just
3Gbps FibreChannel" or "just Ethernet"...  :-)

In short though, we haven't found a way to make money out of spending 10X
more on storage.  And 10X is the minimum increment to go from good local
storage to the minimum acceptable SAN...