[NCLUG] epson ex5210

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Fri Jun 15 13:36:00 MDT 2012

Chad Perrin wrote:
> Rick Ross wrote:
> > Maybe "terminal-ator"?

Read like Arnold, "I'll be back."  :-)

> I was just jokingly referring to the fact he recommended a GUI tool as an
> improvement over the command line tool I brought up.  I wonder, though --
> are there GUI front ends to RandR that are not tied to any particular
> desktop environment frameworks?

Yes.  I did see the irony there!  But I was recommending it to someone
else who I believe would be more comfortable with using the mouse than
typing in options on the command line.  And lxrandr does work pretty
nicely.  Regardless of my own proclivity, for other people I will try
to fit the solution to something that works best for them.

> I'd also like to hear back on whether using a RandR config tool solves
> the problem brought up in the email that started this discussion.

I am sure Kerry will get back to us on the results.  It has only been
a day since his last email.

Bob