[NCLUG] Upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to 12.04 LTS

Vincent Randal vtrandal at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 11:22:09 MST 2012

Thanks Paul for addressing the Unity 2D menu question. In my "Dash home" I can search for and drag and drop icons to into the left column as I find them. And "Dash home" has five categories: home, apps, folders, music, movies. So that helps too.

Now back to my other question: Did I make "good" choices when upgrading from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to 12.04 LTS? The choices I'm concerned about are: keep rather than replace config files, and removing obsolete packages. Is it not possible to give a definite answer to this, because it depends on what I have installed or plan to do? So far my system seems to be working okay. The main thing I use it for is building Android Open Source Project and that is working fine.

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!

Vincent Randal
In Colorado and Washington "joint pain" is an oxymoron.