[NCLUG] GNOME 3.x

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Tue Sep 25 13:11:31 MDT 2012

On 09/25/2012 12:39 PM, Andrew Gilmore wrote:
> What exactly are you supposed to do to change tasks? With the minimize
> button gone, I'm still alt-tabbing, but then I want *that* one of the three
> terminal windows...

There are some extensions on extensions.gnome.org that make Alt-TAB
/almost/ work correctly again. Unfortunately, I don't have my laptop
running to look up the exact name right now, but hopefully it's pretty
obvious after a quick search there.

In fact, you can make Gnome-3 work reasonably sensibly overall with
enough extensions. Without extensions, I agree it's totally broken.