[NCLUG] WIFI and Bluetooth hard blocks

rww rww at dimcom.net
Thu Apr 11 11:24:19 MDT 2013

Stephen, thanks for mentioning ACPI -- I was only dimly aware of this
subsystem.

There don't seem to be any ACPI modules that deal with
enabling/disabling radios.  In my machine, modules that are loaded have
to do with battery, ac power, fans/cooling, and the button sensing
laptop open/closed.

Please note that with the hard blocks disabled as I have described, the
hotkeys above the keyboard do work.  I am able to controle "turbo", the
fans, screen brightness, and both radios (soft blocks).

If I could figure out how to pry the information out of MSI, I would be
willing to give the driver route a shot.  For now, two little pieces of
tape have converted my laptop from a $1000 piece of junk to a fully
functional computer.