[NCLUG] mysql: backing up database - cannot save relationships

phil marsh montanaembassy at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 8 15:59:51 MDT 2013

Hi all,
I was wondering if any of you saw this issue and could kindly give me your opinion?
When I attempt to backup my mysql databases from phpmyadmin or mysql directly via export (SQL data) then import them, the imported database lacks the relationships and also the links.
I have selected to save both data and structure in the export. It seems that this should be obvious and I'm stumped as to why I can't get it to work. I must be missing something obvious.
Thanks,
Phil