[NCLUG] ZFS RAID-Z2 for /home on Ubuntu 12.04

Jesse Griffin jesse at tummy.com
Mon Aug 12 10:28:31 MDT 2013

I realize the L in NCLUG stands for Linux, but...

I've been using ZFS on PC-BSD (which is simply FreeBSD under the hood) for
several years now and the feature set is simply awesome ;).  I've yet to
encounter a ZFS related problem on FreeBSD.

Also, the latest version of PC-BSD is a rolling-release model that tracks
FreeBSD 9-stable and which includes support for ZFS boot environments.  In other
words, you can snapshot your OS before you do an upgrade and then when you
reboot GRUB will allow you to boot into a previous snapshot if your upgrade
causes problems.

This, http://blog.pcbsd.org/2013/07/rolling-release-and-9-2-beta1-released/, and
much more at http://blog.pcbsd.org/.

Thank you,