[NCLUG] Installing ubuntu 12.04 to ZFS root directory

Jesse Griffin jesse at tummy.com
Thu Aug 22 14:27:43 MDT 2013

Zak is referring to the notes here for sending and receiving:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/819-5461/gbinw/index.html.  This is a great
feature of ZFS.  Using FreeNAS as a backup "server" is a great way to go, and it
will receive your snapshot streams happily.

A package that simplifies that would be cool, Zak.  Note that PC-BSD's life
perserver (https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd-projects/tree/master/life-preserver)
can do some pretty handy things for desktop backup (including the zfs
send/receive if I'm not mistaken).

Thank you,
Jesse Griffin
tummy.com, ltd.