[NCLUG] ZFS RAID-Z2 for /home on Ubuntu 12.04

Phil Marsh montanaembassy at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 16:21:36 MDT 2013

Hi,
My ZFS pools appear to be up and running.
I have a mirror (2 drives using a partition on each drive for the mirrorz pool) for some of / except /etc /dev /lib /home and a few of the other essential directories (minimum to allow booting prior to mounting the pools).
My /home is mounted on a RAIDZ2 four drive.
I am apparently getting really slow reads and writes - relative to standard mdadm mirrors and RAIDs. My CPU is a quad-core Intel from 2007 with 8GB 800MH DDR2 RAM.
Any ideas?
iostat -v shows < 20MB/sec and typically < 1MB/sec
Thanks,
Phil

Sent from my iPad