[NCLUG] Static website generation: Short Topics for next week.

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Thu Feb 7 14:53:03 MST 2013

On 02/07/2013 02:16 PM, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> Bill Tucker was going to talk about OpenShift at the NCLUG meeting next
> week, but he's had an unexpected conflict and can't make it.
>
> I just rebuilt the tummy.com website (sorry for the duplicate entries on
> the tummy.com RSS feeds, the new setup somehow made the most recent entries
> show up again).
>
> I was thinking I could do a short topics talk, say 15 minutes, on the
> static website system I ended up using to build the site.  I ended up doing
> trials in WordPress, Mezzanine, Pelican, and Mynt, and investigating
> probably half a dozen others.  I ended up using Mynt.
>
> Here's the thing.  We need other participants for short topics.  Have you
> been playing with something interesting?
>
> I'll talk about Mynt on Tuesday if we can get 2 other people to talk on
> short topics.
>
> Anyone willing to take me up on it?

Myron Stowe mentioned to me the other day the idea for a git-vs-stgit
talk, or perhaps a git talk then an stgit talk then a comparison of the
two. I'm happy to volunteer to talk about git since I now use it a ton.
I don't know if it's short notice for Myron to talk bout stgit, but
perhaps if I talk about git first that could at least feed into an stgit
talk next time or similar?

I was also thinking about volunteering for some kind of "Linux kernel
development process" talk or similar. Would people be interested? To do
that justice would be more than a short topic, but perhaps I could do
something short to start with. I also figured advanced notice might be
useful for a full talk in case anyone especially wanted to hear about it
and had to make plans ahead of time.