[NCLUG] No permission2

n0wiq n0wiq at comcast.net
Tue Feb 12 03:49:31 MST 2013

Hi People,

I have finally come to a minor resolution to the no permission.  I have
resolved it to a difference that Fedora-18 handles the permissions
between my computers.  My desk top computers are dual core amd
processors, my lap top is a quad core amd.  It is the lap top that gives
me the no permission error.  This is confusing as in every other use of
the lap top the files can be created, deleted, modified but can not be
executed from a command line on a file system that is linked into a
directory in my user directory.  I have logged into the system as root
and executed a chmod -R 775 /home/kerrym2,  as root I have executed a
chown -R kerrym2:kerrym2 /home/kerrym2,  as root I have executed yum
upgrade.  Any other suggestions?

--
Kerry N0WIQ
My web site URL is: