[NCLUG] No permission2

Steve Wolf stevewolf6 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 06:51:54 MST 2013

Perhaps you have SELinux turned on...  If so, as root

ls -Z /home/kerrym2

You should see

drwx------ kerrym2 kerrym2 user_u:object_r:user_home_dir_t /home/kerrym2

If you don't see this, you could have trouble using the directory.

Or you could have some extended attributes set.  As root

lsattr -d /home/kerrym2

You should see

------------- /home/kerrym2

Report if you find anything otherwise.