[NCLUG] Personal Linux Install Guide: Fedora 18

Maxwell Spangler maxlists at maxwellspangler.com
Wed Jun 5 23:41:10 MDT 2013

In my Gnome 3 talk last month I mentioned an install guide which I use
to take a generic Fedora 18 install and turn it into a customized
workstation for my needs.

Part of the process is "tuning" Gnome3's GnomeShell to work the way I
want.

This is documented in the install guide here:

http://www.maxwellspangler.com/linux/install/fedora18.html

You may enjoy reviewing all the content but Gnome3 specific content is
in the sections

Gnome Environment Settings
and
Gnome Shell Extensions

I'll be updating this soon for Fedora 19 but many things should remain
the same.

Please let me know if you see any typos or have suggestions on how I can
improve it.

Thanks,

--
Maxwell Spangler