[NCLUG] Keysigning Party tomorrow?

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Sep 9 16:02:24 MDT 2013

On 09/09/2013 03:47 PM, Joshua Datko wrote:
> So, does anybody else want to have a GPG Keysigning either before /
> after the VIM presentation?  The Philadelphia Linux Group used them
> run them every so often and has a good tutorial:
> http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/terminal.html
>
> Debian also has pretty clear and concise instructions:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning
>
> This would actually be my first keysigning, so if somebody has some
> more experience here, it'd be great if you can help.
>
> That is, if the group wants to go through with it...

I'm happy to sign peoples' keys, but I'd rather do the actual signing
off-line, and just the verification at the meeting. To that end, if you
want your key signed, I would suggest:

* You: upload key to public keyservers before the meeting.
* You: print out your key fingerprint and giving that to people for
later use. Each signer will need their own copy of each key.
* Signer: download key from public keyserver later,
* Signer: verify downloaded key vs. printed fingerprint,
* Signer: sign key,
* Signer: upload signature to keyserver,
* You: (optional, perhaps a few days later, or repeatedly if you're
impatient!) download new signatures from the key server.

https://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning#Step_3:_Print_your_key