[NCLUG] Open-Source, and the OSS development process

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Jul 28 10:05:02 MDT 2014

Sorry for the short notice, but here's a class I'm giving at Loveland
CreatorSpace, and which might be relevant to this crowd:

http://www.meetup.com/Loveland-CO-CreatorSpace/events/190482712/
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7pm

Open-Source, and the OSS development process

... with an emphasis on the Linux kernel, and projects that operate in a
similar fashion

- What is Open Source?

- How do Open Source developers communicate?

- What is a patch?

- How do I create patches?

- How do I send a patch, and get it accepted?

(Probably a 1 hour talk or so, depending on how many questions I get
etc. I'm happy to stick around after and do questions as long as people
want. No prior experience should be necessary; this talk shouldn't be
too deeply technical.)

(There are also plenty of other fun classes coming up; check out our
meetup site!)