[NCLUG] configuring dual IP addresses, forwarding one to the other network card.

John Gilmore j.arthur.gilmore at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:00:50 MDT 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Matt Kassawara <mkassawara at gmail.com> wrote:
> You could mess with bridges... but why not just assign the IP address of
> the printer to your Linux box and use tcpdump to see what's sending traffic
> to it?

I already tried, and got nothing. Monitored for 20 minutes or so and
didn't see anything suspicious. Trouble is there's just so much
traffic, and I suspect that whatever it is is going to query the
printer's status, and not do anything further unless it sees "ready".

I need to not only see where it's coming from, but be sure it's a
black page... Which as far as I can tell means a bridge.