[NCLUG] Modules not loading

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 10:48:12 MDT 2014

That sounds like a a kernel / initramfs issue. I would make sure you have
the latest default kernel installed (in ubuntu the package is called
 "linux-image-generic") and once that is in there, make sure grub
("update-grub" and/or "update-grub2" ) and the initramfs
("update-initramfs") are updated . Reboot, select that kernel, and you
should hopefully have a working baseline. The one possible outlier would be
the NVidia drivers, depending on which ones you are using and how you
installed them.

QH