[NCLUG] Hosting a BeagleBone Tor Relay

Josh Datko jbdatko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:10:00 MST 2015

On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 10:01 -0700, Quentin Hartman wrote:
> Yeah, just adding my experience. I did mail the Rpi there. I got in on the
> "free Rpi hosting!" deal that one of the isp's over there did a couple
> years ago.

Appreciate the comments! I had mailed a BeagleBone to Sweden for a
similar purpose...

> I don't think it's bandwidth that has limited the utilization of your node
> on Comcast. I have my node there rate limited to 200k sustained / 400k
> burst (though it does have a 100Mb raw link) , and after a couple weeks of
> ramp-up it was consistently moving multiple GB of data per day.

So, I should be more clear. I mean that on comcast, with a 10MBps
uplink, my relay was fully using all 10MB up *constantly*. The
BeagleBone was fine, but I want to push the hardware to it's limit. Fort
Collins approved muni-fiber, but I'd rather not wait for that...