[NCLUG] Global Day of Coderetreat on Nov 14th

Bill Cthulhu degutan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 15:23:11 MDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help organizing a Fort Collins session of the Global
Day of Code Retreat.

Haven't heard of a code retreat?  Here's the official description:

Coderetreat is a day-long, intensive practice event, focusing on the
fundamentals of software development and design. By providing developers
the opportunity to take part in focused practice, away from the pressures
of 'getting things done', the coderetreat format has proven itself to be a
highly effective means of skill improvement. Practicing the basic
principles of modular and object-oriented design, developers can improve
their ability to write code that minimizes the cost of change over time.

For me, it's a time to practice Test Driven Development and Pairing.
See  for more info, http://coderetreat.org/

We have a space.   I'm still looking for sponsors for lunch and coffee.   I
need help finding people willing to organize the delivery of food and
coffee, aka hosts.    Finding facilitators, too, would be great.

If you know of a company that would be willing to sponsor coffee and
snacks.   Or lunch, please pass me their contact info.  Lunch may be $150
 depending on the number of people.   Coffee was about $35 last time I did
this.

Contact me off list if you'd like to help.    Once I bases covered, I'll
post an eventbrite link.

I'll be at the NCLUG meeting on Tuesday, if you'd like more info on what a
code retreat is.. and why you'd want to go to one.

-Bill Tucker