[NCLUG] NCLUG Meeting Sept 13th, 2015 at the Fort Collins Creator Hub

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Thu Oct 15 21:21:06 MDT 2015

Vincent Randal wrote:
> Hello NCLUG,

Hello Vincent,

> I have problem using LVM with a snapshot. Should I ask my question here?

You have _almost_ already done so.  You have certainly already asked a
question.  There is no need to ask if it is okay to ask.  Simply jump
in with both feet and ask.  :-)

Please send a new email with your question to the mailing list.  If
someone in the community reads your question and knows something
helpful then they will reply.  This is a small group and it is
impossible to know ahead of time if someone here will be able to help
or not.

A few helpful hints:

When starting a new topic please send a *new* message to the
<nclug at lists.nclug.org> address without replying to an existing
message.  When you reply to any message it causes your message to
thread behind the message to which you are responding.  Sometimes
people reply and try to change the subject but that does not work.
Please when starting a new topic always start a new email.

Pick a good subject line for your email.  If you are asking about LVM
then at the very least meantion LVM in the subject.  If you have a
specific part such as snapshots then mention LVM snapshots.  The more
specific you can be, in a few words suitable for the subject line,
say, 40-50 characters, then the better.  Short and concise is best.

When following up simply follow-up to the nclug mailing list.  In your
reply here I see that you CC'd the nclug-announce at nclug.org list.
You probably didn't want to send your message to the announcement
list.  Best to reply to the main nclug mailing list only.

Lastly when replying please trim the previous quoted message to just
the parts you are replying to.  There is no need to repeat the
just the parts I was replying to.

I look forward to reading your question!  (Even though I know little
about LVM snapshots and probably will not be able to help.)

Bob