[NCLUG] Capable Linux system for FC Bike Co-op

Ryan J Nicholson rjn256 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 23:02:07 MST 2016

Hi all,

The Fort Collins Bike Co-op is in need of a basic Linux box for desktop web
tasks. The current system is an ancient AMD Athlon64 2800+, a chip I
remember building in systems almost ten years ago now. I'd like to make
sure to Co-op continues to have a good Linux experience, so we are passing
the beggar-bowl in the hopes that someone might have something a whole lot
better just mothballed in their basement.

Not to be picky but a few things that would probably make life easy for us-

-Modern 64-bit multi-core CPU
-DDR3 capable, 4GB or 8GB
-Embedded Intel graphics

The rest is no big deal.

Of course, any donation to us would be tax-deductible as the Co-op is a
501(c)(3) charitable organization.

We will be limited to accepting just 1 system (ok, we would take 2, if we
get nice offers), so please e-mail me off-list with what you have.

Currently we are saving up for a roof at our new location (1501 N. College
Ave) and every little bit helps.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan