[NCLUG] (Server?) RAM and RackMount Servers available

Sean Reifschneider jafo00 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 16:10:22 MDT 2017

We are doing some house cleaning at my work, and we have a whole bunch of
server RAM, I'm counting around 80 sticks.  It looks like everything is
between 1GB and 4GB per stick, DDR2 and DDR3, I would guess everything is
ECC, some or all of it is FB.

We also have some servers: 5 HP 2U dual 6-core Opterons with 64GB RAM, iLO,
and a variety of 72GB 15K, 146GB 15K, 300GB 7.2K, and Intel 64GB SLC SSDs,
most systems with 8 drive bays populated, some with 16.  I'd bank on all
the RAID controller batteries needing to be replaced.  We also have 2 1U
Supermicro boxes of unknown variety, probably dual socket 16GB or 32GB RAM,
4x3.5" bays.

Let me know if anyone is interested in any of it.

Speaking of which, tomorrow is a free electronics recycling.