[NCLUG] Looking for a better, but simple IDE (or just editor)

Bill Thorson bill at tstorms.com
Wed Mar 1 09:32:02 MST 2017

On 03/01/2017 08:25 AM, Goodman,Darrin wrote:
> Take a look at Geany.  It will do all of the things that you asked for (indentation, syntax highlighting, GUI).  It also allows you to have multiple files open in individual tabs, seems to be non-resource-intensive, and even has a terminal window that can be used for whatever cli-fu that you desire (or the terminal window can be squashed down out of the way if you don't wish to use it).  It supports a whole slew of languages in terms of syntax highlighting.
> https://www.geany.org/
>
> -Darrin
I've been using geany almost exclusively for about 5 years.  It's great!  It is a very light weight IDE for all the features. Actually, I use it like an editor and not an IDE.  By default I have the
top bar, bottom bar, and side windows hidden.

Bill
--
/"Bill the son of Thor and grandfather of Odysseus"/