[NCLUG] Tuesday July 10th, 2018 NCLUG Meeting

Sean Reifschneider jafo00 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 09:36:58 MDT 2018

I haven't used it much more than just doing a test cluster years ago, but
I've been keeping my eye on it.  There are components to it: object
storage, block storage, and a POSIX-compatible file-system interface.  The
object storage is like Amazon S3, ans can even be accessed using S3 tools.
The block storage can be used like a SAN for storing virtual machine disks,
and has been supported by Proxmox and Ganeti for a very long time.  That's
where I was mostly interested in using it, but I haven't yet.  The
file-system interface was the last to mature, and wasn't available when I
last tried it.