[NCLUG] Tuesday October 9th, 2018 NCLUG Meeting

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Tue Oct 9 19:46:59 MDT 2018

jdewitt at verinet.com wrote:
> What: Tuesday October 9th, 2018 NCLUG Meeting
> When: Tuesday October 9th, 2018, 6pm
> Where: Fort Collins Creator Hub,
>   1304 Duff Dr Unit 15, Fort Collins, CO; map:

Aaron showed up with a metric boatload of equipment.  Many of the rest
of us also managed to lug in various and assorted equipment.  I don't
know about the others but playing with hardware is always a fun time
for me and so I had fun with it.

However poor Aaron's networking fell down and could not be lifted back
into working order.  Something that had been working three hours
before in Greeley before he packed it up and carted it to Fort Collins
was no longer working upon arriving and set up again here.  Therefore
we spent a large amount of the meeting time working through the
hardware problems and listening to the loud fans go on and off when
rebooting the rack servers that were hauled in.  We were unable to do
the demo.

However during that time the group was having quite a good time with a
round table discussion of storage and redundancy and drifting on
through other related topics.  I ignored a big section of that as I
spent the time working on getting my own hardware assembled and set
up.  I had my own gremlins that caused me some grief.  Oh well.

Having given up on the demo Aaron was called upon to talk and to
answer questions.  There were some good ones from the group.  A good
time was had by all regardless.

We adjourned at 7:45pm with a follow-up meeting at Red Truck for
dinner and beverages.