Has anyone installed Linux onto an Intel RST SATA drive?

bsimpson nvastro.com bsimpson at nvastro.com
Fri Dec 8 21:47:08 UTC 2023

I've just bought a new Dell laptop with Windows 11.  I have shrunk the Windows partition so that I can dual-boot it and Linux Mint.  Unfortunately the Linux installer doesn't recognize the 1TB SSD drive.  I did some web search and it appears that the issue is the Intel RST driver for the SSD.  The web pages I've seen say to go to BIOS and change the storage mode from RST to AHCI.  But there is no such option with the bios on this Dell 7630 laptop.  It appears only RST is available.  I thought I'd query this group to see if there is any option other than returning this laptop.

Brian S