Has anyone installed Linux onto an Intel RST SATA drive?

Phil Marsh microcraftx at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 19:05:36 UTC 2023

Sorry I can't help with the Dell laptop RST setting and I assume you did
a good search of the BIOS options and on Google. I have one myself but
older and different model. My laptop has 16GB RAM and that's just enough to
run Window 10 as a VM (Virtualbox) on Ubuntu 22.04 host. And it runs quite
well so long as I set the Windows client to limit at about 8GB RAM. I
really recommend that one run a Linux-Windows box as a linux host and
Windows client rather than dual-boot - provided you have enough RAM and you
aren't using this for Windows gaming or other Windows graphics-intensive
operations. If you do want to run Windows as a VM (virtual machine) then,
in hindsight, I'd get a laptop with 32GB or more to be comfortable.
Best, Phil