[nclug-jobs] DigitalGlobe Fulltime and Contract Linux Admin Positions....
mnemeth at digitalglobe.com
Mon Feb 8 14:37:55 MST 2010
DigitalGlobe is looking to fill two Sr. Linux Sys Admin positions. One
is fulltime and the other is contract. When I previously posted here,
both roles were contract. These are very technical roles and require
several years of RHEL (must be within the past year).
About the Company
DigitalGlobe, Inc. is a profitable, fast growing technology company. We
operate a highly sophisticated commercial earth-imaging satellite
constellation enabling us to amass the largest database of high
resolution imagery in the world. Our systems manage massive scale
storage and processing of this data in order to provide imagery
solutions to companies like Google, Microsoft, Garmin, Tele Atlas &
Bushnell. In addition, our information quality meets the rigorous
Defense & Intelligence standards for the US government and governments
around the world.
This senior professional position is responsible for advanced
installation, configuration, and management of Linux operating systems
and related toolsets, supporting complex enterprise-level applications,
and providing technical leadership within the IS department. This
support is provided in accordance with corporate and company policy and
industry best practices. The position also provides on-call support on a
rotational basis with other team members.
The qualified candidate will perform a variety of difficult assignments
associated with Linux System administration, including monitoring and
controlling of Linux installations, analyzing system faults,
troubleshooting issues, and running diagnostic tests on operating
systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems.
The following duties are not meant to be all inclusive and may be
changed or modified by the company at any time.
* Assist with the installation, configuration and management of
the Linux infrastructure.
* Analyze system performance, modifying parameters to improve
throughput and effectively utilize system resources.
* Monitors resource usage, making required adjustments.
* With administrative direction and assistance from management and
the architecture team,
* Lead the evaluation and selection of tools.
* Set up product demos and objectively evaluate tools.
* Coordinate the collection of feedback from other
* Summarizes the input and make cost conscience tool
* May be responsible for the effective deployment
of tools in the group.
* Set up training classes and may function as a tool
administrator, working with the vendor, internally coordinating product
upgrades and fixes.
* Participate in on-call production support activities based upon
documented support procedures.
* Proactively create procedures to prevent and reduce the severity
* Responsible for developing the organization by mentoring junior
members and developing how to guides under the direction of the
* Pro-actively seek out on the job training from senior resources
to increase both technical and professional skills
* Responsible for contributing to the development of the
organization's goals and objectives.
* Recommend improvements to facilitate better management and
monitoring of the environment.
* Ability to effectively communicate across the organization
* Coordinate activities with vendors as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* Equivalent of Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or
* 8+ years experience as a Linux Systems Administrator in a
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Advanced knowledge of Red Hat Linux at the Enterprise Level in a
highly available environment.
* A solid understanding of the operating system; understands
paging and swapping, inter-process communications, devices and what
device drivers do, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical
partitions), can use performance analysis to tune systems.
* A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing
* Understands principles of routing, client/server
programming, the design of consistent network-wide filesytem layouts.
* Familiarity with security and hardening of servers and obtaining
authorization to operate.
* Documentation of Data Center configurations.
* Strong shell and perl scripting skills
* Thorough understanding of the TCP/IP Suite (TCP, UDP, IP, ICMP,
etc.) as well as the network management protocol, SNMP
* Thorough understanding of RPM, rpmbuild and custom package
creation and management
* Clustering (Red Hat, Oracle RAC)
* Large storage arrays (SAN)
* Knowledge of other UNIX operating systems (Solaris, IRIX)
* Produce thorough and effective technical documentation.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of
writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making
presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers,
and working closely with upper management.
* Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
* Ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
Our compensation package includes: competitive base salary; annual
incentive plan with payouts based on results; choice of medical plan;
dental, life and disability insurance; employee assistance program;
flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan with a competitive company
match; tuition reimbursement; 12 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time
DigitalGlobe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply at our website and send me a reply via email so I can keep
an eye out for your files.
DigitalGlobe, Inc. || www.digitalglobe.com
This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary
information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee
responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received
this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or
otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this
communication in error, and delete the copy you received. DigitalGlobe reserves the
right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its employees, agents
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NCLUG-JOBS