[nclug-jobs] Technical Support Engineer at VMware in Broomfield, CO Linux exp is a MUST!!
Danny Ochoa (c)
dochoa at vmware.com
Tue May 4 16:42:45 MDT 2010
Technical Support Engineer
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in Business Infrastructure Virtualization, delivers proven virtualization solutions -from the desktop through the datacenter and to the cloud-that energize business, while saving energy. IT organizations in companies of all sizes rely on VMware and its industry-leading platform, VMware vSphere(tm), to achieve a more efficient, controlled and flexible IT environment. With 2009 revenues of $2 billion and more than 170,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware delivers the world's most trusted solutions for virtualization, a strategic initiative that consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware's award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 7,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 10,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the "best of the best" supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
What's in it for you?
VMware brings together a phenomenal group of people. This includes a world-class development organization with unparalleled expertise in the system software space. The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment - one of energy, creativity, and collaboration. The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
Engineers support over 6,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via the phone, email, and web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting by utilizing system administration, networking and storage skills. Managers of Technical Support are responsible for managing highly skilled technical support teams. They work closely with our Technical Support Management team, and Engineering, Sales and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledgebase
- Help test alpha and beta products
- Experience in providing Linux/UNIX and Windows technical support to customers
- Experience with trouble-shooting hardware related issues
- Experience troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
- Experience troubleshooting operating system support
- Experience in Performance troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong in spoken and written English
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in software and hardware
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 98, 95, and 3.1; MS-DOS), plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
Highly Preferred Skills
- Experience with VMware Workstation and / or GSX Server
- Experience with database related technology and administration (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc)
- Experience troubleshooting terminal
- Experience with Servers (Dell, HP, IBM, etc)
- Experience with Server Management Software
- Experience with Domain integration / Active Directory
- Working knowledge of Novell NetWare or MacOS
- Experience with scripting and programming
- Experience with firewalls and security related issues
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese
For immediate consideration, please forward a copy of your resume to Danny Ochoa at dochoa at vmware.com.
More information about the NCLUG-JOBS