[NCLUG] PC benchmark pointers?

S. Luke Jones luke at frii.com
Mon Dec 11 09:08:13 MST 2000

Hey, without getting into a discussion of the value of benchmarks,
can anyone point me to a comparison of PCs to supercomputers?

I've seen that kind of stuff before as it relates to Beowulf clusters
(my favorite is the Fhlushstone benchmark :-) but I'm having trouble
finding the right phrases to appease Google this morning. Since there
are seti at home and distributed.net afficianados on this list, I wonder
if anybody could point me the right way.

I'm particularly interested in how desktop PCs these days compare to
supercomputers of yore like the Cray XMP.
--
Luke Jones  luke vortex frii fullstop com