[NCLUG] getpath?

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Wed Dec 20 15:57:10 MST 2000

At 03:25 PM 12/20/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Thus spake Michael Dwyer:
> >
> > At 10:31 AM 12/20/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> > >  Anyone know where I might find source to a command called getpath (and
> > >strippath which may be related)? I have no idea what package they may even
> > >be a part of.

>  I have them in an old, old directory which has been used by my engineers
>for ages (both binaries dated Jan 1991). I think they were copied over
>there before they were lost or something.

Here's a reference in comp.sources.misc for a command that rips apart a
full name into drive, path, name, and extension.  It is more intended for
MS-DOS, apparently.

http://www.landfield.com/software/comp.sources.misc/volume-issue/volume03/v03i046.gz

Strippath may come with the CVS packages.  There is a strippath.c file in
the sources, it looks like.  Other than that, I cannot find anything out
there!  These have man pages and everything, though?  Hmmm... I can't find
anything at sunhelp.org, either.  What are these commands supposed to
do?  Would basename and the other one fit the bill?  Would it be possible
to replace them with a snippet of Perl?