[NCLUG] KRUD install problems, help!!

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Nov 13 21:04:53 MST 2000

> paul> KRUD 7.0 arrived today. I had to try it. No cd, so I tried NFS
> paul> install -- which died 4 times in a row. So, I swapped out some
> paul> hardware and installed via cd.

Two other possibles ...

... NFS CD mounts no longer descend across mounts and links in
6.2 for me -- I had to modify the way I mounted and 'exported'
my CD at the server side to do an nfs install from the August
KRUD, after I bumped my office NFS server serving the CD to
6.2.  Previously it would descend from /home/ftp/pub/cdrom,
when I exported /pub/cdrom.  I had to export at ~/cdrom
explicitly with 6.2

Also, older CD drives may have read problems at the very
exterior tracks of the KRUD CDR's.  This may also be part of
the problem (Not saying that Paul's CD is old -- but some of
mine are, and they have clear problems with burned (rather
than pressed) ISO image sizes over 640M)

-- Russ