[NCLUG] 7.0 install problems revisted

paul hansen hansenp at CS.ColoState.EDU
Wed Nov 15 16:40:11 MST 2000

Just a quick note regarding messages I posted earlier this week about a
problem with the 7.0 install. I think the problem I had with the NFS
install was related to RedHat now being on 2 cds and me being short on
disk space.  The other problem (network media errors) was a hardware
problem, which I actually looked for but failed to see (a disconnected
wire). Kevin and Sean pointed out last night at the NCLUG meeting that we
shouldn't expect the install process to reach out and plug in cables . . .
yet. :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to point this out, since I used bad judgement in
putting "7.0 install problems" in the Subject line of my message. 7.0
actually installed smoothly.

  --Paul