[NCLUG] Hacking cafes?

Lynn Danielson Lynn.Danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Wed Nov 22 12:09:32 MST 2000

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> We've been trying to find a good place to go out and hack.  Anyone have any
> suggestions?  Most of the cafes seem not so great, lots of smoke or the like.
> It doesn't have to be a cyber cafe, but it would be cool if we weren't the
> only ones there geeking.  ;-)
>
> I found this really great cyber cafe in Minneapolis, but it's a bit much
> of a drive...

Need I mention the Falling Rock Tap House? :-) They have a
fantastic DSL connection and free wireless access throughout
the tavern.  I understand reception in the basement is a bit
sketchy.  I believe that there are one or two ethernet ports
available, but you have to know the necessary static routing
which no one in the bar knows or understands.  The wireless
connection is set up with DHCP.

This factoid isn't advertised.  This promotional DSL
connection was arranged by a number of Denver geeks who enjoy
their beer as much as their computers.  With their 69 taps
and 150 plus bottled varieties of beer the Falling Rock has
a malted beverage for just about everyone.  Their slogan is
"No Crap on Tap".  For those of you who don't like beer (Sean)
they usually have at least one cider on tap.  The variety of
food isn't great, but the quality's good.

Just about anytime other than Friday or Saturday night is
usually pretty quiet and the smoke level is minimal.
It is a bit of a drive from Ft. Collins, but the next
time you're in Denver you should check it out.

Cheers,

Lynn