[NCLUG] OT: FS - Misc Outdated Hardware

Chris Wolney chris at wolney.com
Sun Oct 1 22:53:31 MDT 2000

Apologies for this off-topic message, but I have a bunch of hardware I was
going to auction and thought I would let the NCLUG'ers have the first crack
at it.   Some of it's just stuff that's been in my closet, some of it is due
to the fact that my SCSI HD blew up and I am now going the cheaper IDE
route.

All stuff is priced at your "best reasonable offer".  Compatability with
your setup is an exercise left to the purchaser.  This stuff all worked when
I used it, some of it's been powered off for years. Of course I will
guarantee everything against being DOA and will rip up your check if any
item gives you fits.  All of this stuff is available for you to pick up in
Ft. Collins.

1 - JVC XR-2010 SCSI CD-R.  2x CD burner.  Used this up until about 6 mos
ago.   With original manual, nothing else.

1- RICOH MP6200S Media Master CD-RW. SCSI.  Writes and Re-Writes at 2x,
reads at 6x, 1MB buffer.  With photocopied manual, nothing else.

1- Adaptec AHA-2940W wide SCSI card.  PCI.  In a static bag by it's
lonesome.  Has a BIOS.

1- Linksys 5 Port Workgroup hub with AC adaptor.  Has an uplink for
expandability with other hubs/networking devices.  No box/manual, but
seriously, how hard can it get?  Works great, I just went switched.  Ack, it
has my name written on it from some LAN party, but a dab of acetone will fix
that.

1- ACT (read: local generic homebrew) 486/66 desktop w/ 3.5" floppy, 16MB of
RAM. 500MB HD, generic KB, no software.  Compliments of a computer giveaway
at my place of employment.  I got it for free and can't vouch for how well
it works, so it's free to you too.  I was going to make a ipmasq linux box,
maybe somone has some use for this thing.

1- Low end computer system.  Compaq DeskPro 120:  Pentium 120, built-in 10
MB ethernet, 40MB RAM, Generic IDE 24x CD-ROM, Matrox Millenium video, 1GB
SCSI HD, Future Domain TMC-1610M host adaptor w/ BIOS, 15" Mitac color tube,
HP DeskJet 540 printer (will print color with a color cartridge which is not
included). Compaq mouse and keyboard.   No OS or software.  Works great, I
upgraded my low end system last month.  Throw in a cheap modem, sound card,
a printer cable and some NetZero/BlueLight/etc and get your grandma on
e-mail.  I'd like to keep all of this stuff together to get it out of the
house.

Really* offtopic, now I really must apologize for a couple pieces of car
audio:

1 pair- Altec Lansing ALS-4 4" speakers.  Titainum tweeters, very nice
sound.

1 pair- Kicker 6.5fa 6.5" free air subwoofers.  Monsterous magnets.
Excellent condition, barely used.

Thanks much.  If you have any questions, just shoot me an e-mail.  If you're
concerned about any of the stuff working in your system (and are in the
NCLUG), let me know and I'll set you up with the item to see if you can get
it to work beforehand.

-Chris
 chris at wolney.com