[NCLUG] Cable @home questions

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Oct 12 14:23:58 MDT 2000

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 10:36:37AM -0600, Daniel Herrington wrote:
>intermittent email server problem and that they were working on it.  I
>waited to talk to a rep to find out what the estimated repair time

That reminds me of this one time, at band camp...  A client had their DSL
line go down, ours was fine.  We moseyed over and took a look, sure enough
it wasn't authenticating.  I got on the phone with USWest (their ISP) after
a bunch of trying -- there were all sorts of phone problems that prevented us
from reaching them.

Finally waited long enough and got through to a tech.  Told him about the
phone problems, said that it might be related to the DSL problems.  Asked
if he knew of any wide-spread outages.  He said there weren't any.  Just
then somone came in the office and said that the radio was reporting that
there was a fiber cut and most of the phones in Fort Collins were hosed.

Nice to see that they're keeping on top of things.

 If you don't have time to do it right, when will you ever find time to do
 it over?