[NCLUG] Cable @home questions

Rob Gorman rob at emphasys.net
Fri Oct 13 14:26:44 MDT 2000

I had similar symptoms/problems when I first got my cable modem and after
two weeks of a very long story, they discovered that I was provisioned for a
different brand cable modem than the RCA that they gave me.

Now, I never got a satisfactory explanation as to what they meant by
'provisioning' but ever since they re-provisioned the thing (something done
on their end), it has worked fine.  Anyone out there know?

Oh yeah, I read some review of cable modems a while back and in the review
the Surfboard was at the bottom of the spectrum and the RCA was in the
middle.  I can't remember now what was rated the highest.  I think this was
in one of those Ziff-Davis online publications.

hope this helps,
-rob