[NCLUG] Cable @home questions (I'M F**KED)

Matt Rosing rosing at peakfive.com
Tue Oct 17 09:05:12 MDT 2000

>This is pissing me off.  I've tried everything.  If I could

Sounds like a plea for help. Does it work with windoze running your
computer? If not, put windoze on, call att, tell them to make it work,
then go back to linux. That way you know it's working from att to the
cable modem. Remember, Murphy was an optimist.

If it does work with windoze, it's probably the ethernet driver. From
what I've read most people have problems with dhcp. I did. So I'll run
it as a static IP until att changes it often enough to make it a
bother. By then I hope someone else will have figured out how to use
dhcp without 500 special cases. They haven't changed it yet so I'm
happy.

Matt