[NCLUG] Demos and Setup help needed - Win an 8 port 10/100 Switch!

Martin Gelfand gelfand at lamar.ColoState.EDU
Fri Oct 20 15:42:35 MDT 2000

Matt,
  I would be glad to help out, though I probably can't show up until
noon.  I may be able to help out with urgent needs that appear
at the last minute.  (E.g., I have a spool of cat-5 and crimp tool
and cable-tester.)
  Our department has quite a few machines running linux now,
including a Qube2 and an Alpha, but I can't bring them into
the student center for the demo (the Qube2 is our department
webserver!).  However, I would be glad to walk some interested folks
across the bridge and into the Engineering building to see what
we have.
  Also, we have some Axis 2100 webcams that run linux; while I
can't carry them over I could demonstrate the UI (and anyone
who wants to can point a browswer at them to get a live
feed from our Foucalt pendulum).  Actually, we have two installed
and one yet-to-install; if I can get my hands on the last I'll
carry that over.

Regards,

Marty Gelfand
Dept of Physics, CSU