[NCLUG] Network configuration

dobbster dobbster at frii.com
Thu Oct 26 12:58:53 MDT 2000

Hello,

I appreciate all of the information provided by this thread.  The main
result has been a substantial increase in my level of paranoia...  Which
is not a bad thing.

Once I've further researched into some more of the details, I'll attempt
to build a Firewall from either OpenBSD or Linux, probably as per the
general suggestions given thus far.  Rather than finishing this week, it
may take a little while longer, but I'll get it.  I'll probably also
materialize at NCLUG meetings...

In the meantime, I am going to TURN OFF most of my machines when I'm not
working on them.  I figure that keeps them secure, for the most part.
:-)  Besides, the rudimentary measures I already have up have worked so
far - The portsentry/hostsentry/aide software has thus far prevented
cracking, as far as I can tell.

Mark (dobbster at frii.com)