[NCLUG] dynamic graph on web page

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Sep 21 18:53:03 MDT 2000

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 06:21:40PM -0600, Daniel Herrington wrote:
>Does anyone know of a canned linux solution (or not-canned) to create
>an up-to-date X-Y graph of some constantly changing data from a file
>and display it whenever someone clicks on a weblink?  I would like to
>be able to set up a little weather station and track the last 24 hour
>period on a web page.

Jeff Moe set up MRTG (Multi-Router Traffic Grapher) to do just this.
With MRTG, you get daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly resolution
graphs (any of which you can discard if you desire).  Check out
freshmeat.net for it, or if you're running KRUD it comes on the
CD.

MRTG uses the "gd" graphics library to do the low-level graphing.

 [...] who asked "Why do we do it, this science?"  No one had an answer until
 I stood up and said "Isn't there money in a Nobel?"  -- Steve Martin