[NCLUG] java question

S. Luke Jones luke at frii.com
Tue Apr 10 21:13:32 MDT 2001

Matt Rosing wrote:
> I'm sorry if this isn't exactly a linux question, but has anyone
> gotten the java debugger, jdb, to work on linux? I bring up the
> debugger fine but when I type run it goes off on the net somewhere,
> and comes back with "connection refused". If I could convince this
> thing to try and connect with my machine it might be happier.

I've used the jdb ... but being an crusty old codger,
I mostly use system.out.println :-) for debugging.

What JDK are you using: Blackdown? IBM? Sun? Version 1.1.x, 1.2, or 1.3?
Most of my work has been IBM 1.1.7 and Blackdown 1.2.2 and I've never
had any trouble. Do a

	$ set | egrep -i '(java|jdk|class)'

and report what you see.

P.S. See also the fine FAQ at jguru.com -- the Linux guy there is
extraordinarily knowledgeable.

--
Luke Jones = luke/vortex/frii/fullstop/com