[NCLUG] Unix System Administrator Job opening

Drew Reimers drewr at e-ppraisal.com
Wed Apr 18 18:57:43 MDT 2001

We are currently have an open position for a Unix System Administrator.  I
would appreciate it if you would post the following message on your site.

Sincerely,
L. Drew Reimers
Operations Manager
E-ppraisal, Inc
128 Auburn Ct. Ste. 207
Westlake Village, CA 91362

E-ppraisal Inc. is expanding its operations nationwide and looking for Top
Notch People to help us get there.  We have an immediate opening for a
System Administrator.

If you are interested in the position, email your resume to
hr at e-ppraisal.com.

To find out more about the company, you can visit our Web Page at:
www.e-ppraisal.com

System Administrator Job Description:

Responsibilities:  Day-to-day system administration of development,
production and internal administration systems and platforms.  You will also
contribute to designing, planning, and implementing our system/network
infrastructure expansion, including: web-server, capacity expansion backup
and disaster recovery, system and network security, and high-availability
solutions.  Act as liaison with product teams to define technical and
operational requirements.
Includes:

·	Setup and daily maintenance of production, development and administrative
systems.

·	Daily administration, monitoring, trouble-shooting and maintenance of
development and production servers, web, mail and print servers, network,
and internal infrastructure systems.

·	Monitoring and maintenance of server security configuration.

·	Installation of Solaris, LINUX and Windows hardware, software upgrades and
patches.

·	Storage planning, implementation, and management.

·	Planning and implementation of system backup and disaster recovery.

·	Documentation of procedures.

Professional experience:  5+ years of Solaris systems administration.

Required Skills:

·	Solaris system administration
·	NFS
·	DNS/STMP/IMAP
·	Excellent communication, customer service and consultative skills
·	Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.

Additional Desired Skills/Experience:

·	Firewalls (Pix)
·	Netback-up solutions (such as legato or Veritas)
·	Disk and storage management solutions
·	LINUX system administration
·	Oracle
·	Scripting languages (such as Tcl/tk or Perl)
·	Apaches/Netscape/Solaris Web Servers
·	Windows System Administration