[NCLUG] mac fs on cd

Jim Ankrum jimj9 at qwest.net
Tue Apr 24 18:54:59 MDT 2001

Hi all,
Been following the postings for a while now and picked up a few good
tips along the way, so far somebody else has always seemed to ask/
answer what I need to know just before I need to know it:) til now that
is...

I'm trying to copy a cd thats in mac format (hfs) and need to know if
this is something thats even possible from a pc. I can read the cd after
rebuilding my kernel with hfs support built in as a module, then type
"mount -t hfs /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom". Now what I want to do is just burn
a copy of this disk for a friend onto another cd. Any suggestions? I'm
running RedHat 7.1 with stock parts ;) (all the files installed are
rpm's from the cd... nothing funky). I've built the kernel with generic
scsi and general scsi support for the cd burner, but haven't actually
gone on with trying to burn any disks so I have a little RTFM'n to go
yet... but I'm working on that.

Thanks in advance,
Jim