[NCLUG] Some CodeRed web hits compared

Jim Ankrum jimj9 at qwest.com
Wed Aug 8 08:56:10 MDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: nclug-admin at nclug.org [mailto:nclug-admin at nclug.org]On Behalf Of
Michael Dwyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 1:26 AM
To: nclug at nclug.org
Subject: Re: [NCLUG] Some CodeRed web hits compared

> This is interesting.  For some reason qwest is getting hit harder
> than many others.  Of course, I've also heard that cable modem people

 I'd venture a guess that businesses rather than home users are most likely
to run an NT server and businesses are also more likely to use dsl over
cable. I'd think that hobbyists are more likely to use Linux/BSD at home and
would be more likely found @home.

 I really don't have anything to back up this claim... just making it up as
I go ;)

 btw.. I'm a cable user and I use FreeBSD, no apache though and my system
logs have been showing 200-400 connection attempts to port 80 every day for
almost a week now.

Jim