[NCLUG] NIC that won't quite seat in PCI slot...

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Thu Aug 30 16:40:30 MDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 09:59:27PM -0600, S. Luke Jones wrote:
>I've got some Linksys LNE100TX cards and have generally been
>pretty happy with them but I recently picked up a new PC and
>while it has 6 PCI slots, the Linksys card won't seat in any
>of them.

I've done some mods to cards in the past to get them to fit better.  I had
one friend that had a card that would fit in, but would pop out pretty
easily even when screwed in.  I was able to make a couple of tweeks to it
with a needle file to get it to fit better.

Perhaps a small file would do the job?

 "What do you call it when your software licensing guy's hands start
 bleeding?  Stig-mata."  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1999